The Minowa family residence stood in the Hachikoku district of the city of Echizen. Minowa was a village headman in the Edo Period. The residence was built in the early 18th century, according to two written records from 1793 and 1809. Its current state is believed to have been the result from repeated renovations overtime. It has a hip-and-gable and thatched roof construction. The earthen floor, oue room, and kitchen in the front of the house are all aligned. There is a room installed with a cooking stove/sink in front of the oue room and kitchen. The back of the home is like a square divided into four rooms (nakama, takama, sitting room, Buddhist altar room).